We are nearing completion of the Back Bay Alternative Transportation Study, so it’s time that we got back together to talk about the findings. As a reminder, we are evaluating these five alternatives for their impacts on traffic and other issues:
- The Back Bay Refuge Trail: a shared-use path from Lago Mar to Sandbridge and then to the Refuge
- The Sigma Trail: our working name for a shared-use path from Sigma (where Sandbridge Rd and New Bridge Rd intersect) along Sandbridge Road to Sandbridge and then to the Refuge
- A shuttle service from the future Refuge Visitor Contact Station and perhaps beyond, to the Refuge
- Improved canoe and kayak launch sites on both sides of Back Bay
- A water taxi service across Back Bay
The Draft Report is complete … except for getting your thoughts about the findings.
We also will do an online survey for those who cannot attend. You will be able to get to it atwww.vbgov.com/backbaygrant after November 4.
WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW:
Plan to come to the public meeting, and bring your friends and neighbors. The meeting will be November 4th from 6-7:30 pm at Red Mill Elementary School.