Month of October (except hunt dates of October 24-25)
Special Use Permits will be issued, beginning Monday, September 19th for access to the refuge beachfront for night surf fishing.
- Permits give fishermen access to the beach every night in October (except October 24&25) from sunset to 12AM.
- The zone between the Seaside and Dune Trails is open to night surf fishing.
- Permits cost $35.00/person (cash or check). A photo ID and fishing license (or proof of exemption) are required to purchase a permit.
- Regulations will be provided upon permit purchase.
- Permits are available at the Refuge Administrative Building (1324 Sandbridge Road) from 9:00am-3:00pm Monday – Friday. Permits are also available at the Visitor Center (4005 Sandpiper Road) from 9:00am-3:30pm Tuesday – Saturday. You may call ahead to ensure someone is available to sell you a pass.
All fishermen must have their permit and license on their person while fishing on the beach. The permit number must match the number on the hanging vehicle tag.
Credit: Back Bay’s Official Site